Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Overview of my classrooms

A brief background on my job:

I teach at two elementary schools.

At school #1, I am there 2 days a week, 4 hours a day. I teach K-6, SDC and VE classes. Each class gets a one hour lesson with me. I rotate through the school every month, so each class will get about 7 art lessons.

At school #2, I am there 1 day a week for 4 hours. I teach only the 1-3rd grades. This is my first year at this school, and it is also the principal's first year at the school. I'm hoping that through my lessons and growing reputation, next year I can convince the principal to expand the program to include the 4-6th grades. There are more classes at this school, so I rotate through about every 5 weeks, each class only getting, I believe 5 lessons with me.

There is no written curriculum for my subject. I decide what to teach, how to teach, etc. I love that freedom. The downside to it, is I don't have any guidelines for the levels that students should be at. As a result, my lesson plans have been a lot of trial and errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment